Friday, November 25, 2011

Abhishekagni Latest Edition - Comments

Well done Fr.Vattayi and the team.
 
I have read Abhishekagni with opening message from Bishop Jacob Manathodathu. The letter from the Bishop is encouraging.

In page No.5 about - Vachanashakthiyal rogashanthi, you have quoted Exodus verse 26 and said 'Njan ninne sukhappeduthunna Karthavaanu"

Let me quote the same verse Exodus verse 26 from few bibles.
               
POC Bible  ( You can read this Malayalam only if you have the Thiruvachanam Font )

26 AhnSp¶v Ahsc ]coIvjn¨p. AhnSp¶v Acpfns¨bvXp: \o \ns³d ssZhamb IÀ¯mhns³d kzcw {iZv[m]qÀhw {ihn¡pIbpw AhnSps¯ ZrjvSnbn icnbmbXp {]hÀ¯n¡pIbpw AhnSps¯ IÂ]\IÄ A\pkcn¡pIbpw N«§Ä ]men¡pIbpw sNbvXm Rm³ CuPn]vXpImcpsSta hcp¯nb almamcnIfnsem¶pw \ns³d ta hcp¯pIbnÃ; Rm³ \ns¶ kpJs¸Sp¯p¶ IÀ¯mhmW
               
God's Word Bible

26 He said, "If you will listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what he considers right, if you pay attention to his commands and obey all his laws, I will never make you suffer any of the diseases I made the Egyptians suffer, because I am the LORD, who heals you."

English Standard Version Bible

26 saying, "If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your healer."

Kings James Bible
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

New American Standard Bible
26 And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the LORD, am your healer."
New English Transalation Bible
26 He said, "If you will diligently obey the LORD your God, and do what is right in his sight, and pay attention to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, then all the diseases that I brought on the Egyptians I will not bring on you, for I, the LORD, am your healer."
New King James Bible
26 and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you."
New Revised Standard Version
26 He said, "If you will listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in his sight, and give heed  to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will not bring upon you any of the diseases that I brought upon the Egyptians; for I am the LORD who heals you."

New American Bible
26He said: If you listen closely to the voice of the LORD, your God, and do what is right in his eyes: if you heed his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will not afflict you with any of the diseases with which I afflicted the Egyptians;
i for I, the LORD, am your healer.
Septugint Bible
26 to his commands, and keep all his ordinances, no disease which I have brought upon the Egyptians will I bring upon thee, for I am the Lord thy God that heals thee.
Christian Community Bible
There Yahweh gave the people statutes and laws. There he tested them 26 and said, “If you listen carefully to the voice of Yahweh, your God, and if you do what is right in his eyes, if you obey his commands and statutes, I will not inflict on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am Yahweh, the One who heals you.”

Latin Vulgate
26 Saying: If thou wilt hear the voice of the Lord thy God, and do what is right before him, and obey his commandments, and keep all his precepts, none of the evils that I laid upon Egypt, will I bring upon thee: for I am the Lord thy healer.

Douay Rheims

15:26. Saying: If thou wilt hear the voice of the Lord thy God, and do what is right before him, and obey his commandments, and keep all his precepts, none of the evils that I laid upon Egypt, will I bring upon thee: for I am the Lord thy healer.

Hebrew Names Version
15:26 and he said, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in his eyes, and will pay attention to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you, which I have put on the Egyptians; for I am the LORD who heals you.”

Catholic Public Domain
{15:26} saying: “If you will listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in his sight, and obey his commands, and keep all his precepts, I will not bring upon you any of the distress that I imposed on Egypt. For I am the Lord, your healer.”


All the above transalation versions shows clearly that the verse is not as you have been projecting, but, conditional.
Condition No.1 If you will listen to the voice of the Lord your God,
Condition No.2 and do what is right in his sight,
Condition No.3 and obey his commands,
Condition No.4 and keep all his precepts,
Then, I will not bring upon you any of the distress that I imposed on Egypt. For I am the Lord, your healer.

I do not know about the 25,000 people who came to Carmel Mount, but i know about myself that i do not satisfy Conditions 1 to 4

With out satisfying these conditions, how do i expect Lord to heal me? Or does it mean that you need to only believe, but not obey; the Lord is mercifull that He will heal me come what may!

How should i take this?


Christhyani

No comments:

Post a Comment